Accuser drops sex abuse lawsuit against ex-Vancouver Olympics boss


Accuser drops sex abuse lawsuit against ex-Vancouver Olympics boss

VANCOUVER – A B.C. woman has dropped her lawsuit alleging sexual abuse against former Vancouver Olympics organizing committee CEO John Furlong.

Lawyer Jason Gratl said Tuesday that Beverly Abraham, of Burns Lake, applied to have the suit dismissed, and the request was granted this past Friday in B.C. Supreme Court.

Furlong has always insisted he is innocent of all allegations.

Meanwhile, Gratl has also withdrawn from representing Grace West and Daniel Morice, both of whom also sued Furlong.

He couldn’t provide reasons, however, because of professional confidentiality obligations.

Abraham said the abuse occurred while she was a student of Furlong’s in Burns Lake, B.C., in the late 1960s.

Last year, the RCMP investigated the allegation and cleared Furlong of any criminal wrongdoing.

It’s unclear what happens to the two cases involving West and Morice. According to an affidavit within court documents, “Furlong has experienced significant difficulty in communicating with Ms. West in matters relating to preparation for the upcoming trial.”

For Morice, affidavits suggest not all required documentation in his case has been produced to the court.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/12/20141223-162448.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s